Skip to main content

Day 86

  Wednesday.  Today was the last day of PT, I'm going back to work tomorrow! I am excited, not nervous.  It's a scaffold job at the LaSalle nuclear plant, it typically lasts 6-8 days, so by next weekend I'll probably be laid off.  I figured with all the other people there, and it is a nuke plant, the work won't be that hard, and it should be a good job to go back to work after the surgery.

  All the exercises I've been doing have gone up in weight, I feel like I'm stronger, and the bones don't hurt.  I still have some pain/discomfort when I kneel, I definitely don't have the range of motion to comfortably kneel yet.  Going down stairs is still tough, I just don't feel strong, or confident enough at that yet.  I'm anticipating that getting back to work will help restore some of the normal motion and activity range that I am used to.  I really want to get back to living my life, and not always being in pain.  I've been off one more week than the last time, working really hard on the extension, I don't want to always have the bent leg, old man walk. 

  I am thankful to God for his provision in these last three months, for all the trials I've put my family through, and I'm really looking forward to getting back to providing for them again.  One month of 2020 is behind, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the new year!

Comments