Skip to main content

Day 73

  Thursday.  Wow, it's been 10 days?  I guess the whole 30 days makes a habit doesn't work with me.  The recovery is coming along, I'm trying to not take any prescription pain pills anymore, just using Advil and Tylenol.  Tomorrow will be the first PT day like that, I'm not really sure how that will go. 

  I start back to work  2 weeks from today, February 6th at LaSalle nuclear station.  There area a few nuclear refuel outages this spring, LaSalle, Byron, Quad, and then Braidwood.  Braidwood ends in early May, and these are not without breaks in between, but pretty close.  I'm thinking these will be the best way to go back to work after surgery.  I haven't called the panel company yet, maybe I should do that for later in the year.  I hear about work at Citgo, and the peaker plant that's being built in Elwood, who knows what will happen next.

  My PT progress is going ok according to Jessica, I think the last measurements were 105 and 11 degrees.  That's pretty much about what my left knee is at I think.  I feel like my knee still isn't getting very straight, it is definitely stiff, and hard to get moving after sitting.  I just noticed yesterday that I actually feel some muscle in my thigh/quad muscles.  I can't help remembering being back in the high school weight room, doing leg presses, looking at my legs, being proud of how strong I was, and thinking how weak I am now.  The coach used to say about weight training, "arms for show, legs for dough".  Everyone wants to do curls, and bench presses, but your core and legs are what really makes the difference.  I feel like he was right for sure.  When your legs have gotten as weak as mine have over the years, it's really hard to get them back.  I'm really thinking about joining Planet Fitness, just to get inside to use the bike and treadmill.  It was way nicer doing this outside when the weather was warm, in June and July. 

Comments