Skip to main content

Day 62

  Sunday

  Well, I've sort of let this slip haven't I?  I'm not sure what happened, but here we are.  Physical therapy wise, I think it's been an overall positive week.  I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere, albeit very slowly.  I think the best measurements were on Wednesday, 110 and 4 after warm ups.  Friday was a cold, rainy day, and the changing weather has a real effect on me.  Pain and stiffness keeps much bending from happening.  I think when we measured after a really good stretch and work out, it was about the same.  I can usually get the bike to go around after 4 or 5 minutes of warm up, and I started using the leg extension machine.  Functionally I feel like I'm getting better, but I'm still having a hard time just standing for a long period.  Moving around, walking, stairs, etc is all good, standing still, not so much.  Still working mostly on extension, my hamstrings and all those tendons, etc are really being stubborn. 

  I think the job at LaSalle station is in a couple weeks, either January 31st, or February 7th I think.  I feel like that might be a good place to go back to work for the first time.  I can hold back, and be in a support role, whereas at the panel company, I don't know if that will be possible.  I have to make some calls this week to try to find out more. 

  The incision looks great, nothing opening up like last time, that was a concern of mine with the manipulation.  I guess they just did a better job closing it up this time.  I'm going for a follow up visit this coming Friday, I'll meet someone else this time, see what they say.  I have to try to get the return to work day, and the fire day to match up better this time.  Last time the dates overlapped, and I got paid from disability and the employer for the same day.  Big mistake, don't want to get the pay stuff mixed up again.

Comments